Lee Hall Depot was erected circa 1881 on the Chesapeake & Ohio rail line. After construction, the village of Lee Hall rapidly developed around the depot. The wooden building consists of a two-story central section flanked by single-story wings. The Stationmaster and his family had living quarters on the second floor of the central section. Serving communities in then-Warwick County as well as lower James City County, it is the only remaining station of five on the Lower Virginia Peninsula.
Passenger service at the station ended in the late 1970s, and in 2008 CSX (formerly C&O Railroad) donated the depot to the City of Newport News. The City relocated the building across the tracks to prevent its demolition. It was restored in collaboration with the Lee Hall Train Station Foundation. The depot offers exhibits highlighting the impact of the railroad on Warwick County and the City of Newport News as well as information on railroad history and Lee Hall village.
$1.00 discount for military or AAA members
Saturday 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
***Lee Hall Depot will be closed December 23. Happy holidays!!***